[meta-freescale] Wayland is required for imx8?

Prabhu S prabhusundar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:24:37 PDT 2018

Now the libEGL  is a unified driver to support all the backends wayland,
GBM, FBDEV under single binary in imx-gpu-viv MX8.

Since all unified, there is need for dependency to wayland and libdrm.
Including libwayland to image is very small footprint. Building image for
wayland/weston is different, which is not required.

i.MX8 supports DRM framework, this provides only legacy framebuffer
support. So recommended to use GBM or wayland to take advantage of the
FB_MODIFIERS.