[meta-freescale] IMX6 imx6dlsabresd, Qt5Multimedia problem, mxc_vpu:vpu_alloc_dma_buffer fails?

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Sat Sep 22 09:28:11 PDT 2018

Hi all

I'm working with imx6dlsabresd, fsl-image-qt5 derived image and Qt
Multimedia Widgets.

The bsp i derived from a mix of jethro and krogoth and Qt is 5.6.1
version, kernel is linux-imx 4.1.15.

I need to play video on the screen

Tje video file has the following format.

Topology:
   container: Quicktime
     video: H.264 (Baseline Profile)

Properties:
   Duration: 0:01:12.500000000
   Seekable: yes
   Tags:
       codec video: H.264 / AVC
       codice lingua: en
       bitrate: 1137481
       data/ora: 2018-05-29T13:57:59Z
       QT atom: buffer of 25 bytes
       formato contenitore: ISO MP4/M4A

Sometime happens that the video can not be played anymore.

Kernel tells "Physical memory allocation error!" in mxc_vpu.

I think the message is printed after vpu_alloc_dma_buffer fails.

Have you some experience?

There are some patch?