[meta-freescale] Remove some package from fsl-image-qt5

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Thu Sep 13 02:19:39 PDT 2018

Hi all.

I started my project with fsl-image-qt5 image on a imx6dl-sabresd board.

The board provider give us a mixed version of Yocto which I can
recognize as Krogoth 15.0.3 (checking the recipes in poky folder).

Now I need to shrink the size of the production version, removing many
packages

- all examples

- all sdk

- everything relative to gcc g++ gdb and binutils

- all test packages (piglit ltp)

I make an image recipe (mysystem.bb) which includes fsl-image-qt5.bb and
where i try to remove all packages unused.

I try with

IMAGE_INSTALL_remove += " \

    piglit \

    ltp \

    binutils \

"

and so on.

But piglit and ltp keep on stay in the production image.

How can I remove the unused package successfullly from mysystem.bb recipe?

Best regards,

  Mauro