[meta-freescale] LS1012A USB 2.0

Tim Hammer tdhammer99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:40:32 PDT 2018

On a board design based on the LS1012A Freedom board, we added a USB 2.0
connection (in addition to the USB 3.0 included on the Freedom board).

I have run into a challenge building the Linux kernel driver to support the
ULPI connection.

With CONFIG_USB_EHCI_FSL defined, the code will not build because CONFIG_PM is
defined and causes drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c to try and pull in
asm/fsl_pm.h which is not provided for qoriq (only for powerpc!).

CONFIG_PM is:

·         not in arch/arm64/configs/defconfig (which I am pretty sure is
used as the “base” for make defconfig in
meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.14.bb)

·         nor is it in arch/arm64/configs/lsdk.config (which I am pretty
sure is the DELTA_KERNEL_DEFCONFIG used in
meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.14.bb)

·         nor can I find it in any Kconfig in the linux-qoriq source tree

Even so, it ends up in the .config file created when I build the
linux-qoriq recipe.

Can anyone point out what I am missing that results in CONFIG_PM getting
defined?

I have put in a workaround to #undef CONFIG_PM in ehci-fsl.c and am now
able to get the second USB 2.0 bus, but I would like to find the "root
source" to patch if I can.

Thanks!

--

.Tim