[meta-freescale] Cannot enable selinux with imx6ULL. Why?

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa.ks89 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 03:48:13 PDT 2018

I'm on Sumo branch with the latest linux-imx (no -fscl) and I'm using the
official NXP imx6 evk board.

I'm trying meta-selinux (I'm absolutely a noob with selinux, I'm still
experimenting and studying it :)) but I'm getting this error running "fixfiles
-f -F relabel":

Cleaning out /tmp
    fixfiles: No suitable file systems found
    Cleaning up labels on /tmp
    secon: SELinux is not enabled
    cat: /initial_contexts/unlabeled: No such file or directory

I wrote to one of the authors of meta-selinux and he said:

    You need to make sure that the filesystem in use has extendded
attributes
    enabled.  A lot of silicon vendor versions have this disabled, or use a
    filesystem where it's not supported.
    ext*fs, xfs, etc usually support it, with the right kernel
configuration.

So, I added xattr to the DISTRO_FEATURES_append in my local.conf, but I'm
still having the same error.
And running 'mount' I get this:
   /dev/<mynamehere>   / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

What I'm missing?
Also, does imx6ULL supports meta-selinux? Or are there some limitations
about kernel that block me to activate selinux?

Thank u.