[meta-freescale] Unable to run X11 on imx53qsb

Sameer sam.s.patil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 08:10:37 PDT 2018

Hello folks,

I am new to linux and yocto. I got a hold of imx53 quick start board. I
thought  of running an linux with an desktop environment on this board.
I used below source to build 'core-image-x11' image.

# repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b
imx-morty

the image built and run successfully. however i am not able to start X.
When i run startx the log says glx and imx drivers are missing.

Does anybody have any clue why imx driver is not included in the image.

Thanks!

Sameer