[meta-freescale] u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb DEPENDS_append = "dtc-native" without space

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa.ks89 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:18:15 PDT 2018

Hi!
I don't know if this is an error or not, but inside
/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb there is a line
with:

DEPENDS_append = "dtc-native"

I'm not an expert, but I understood that _append requires a space at the
beginning.

Did I miss something or is it a bug?

Because In my terminal I got this error (with these without a space in the
middle 'coreutils-nativedtc-native'):

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'coreutils-nativedtc-native' (but
/home/user/git/poky/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  coreutils-native
ERROR: Required build target 'u-boot-imx' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['u-boot-imx',
'coreutils-nativedtc-native']

Thank u.