[meta-freescale] The sumo branch of meta-freescale

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Wed May 23 15:11:27 PDT 2018

On 23/05/18 20:17, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Bas,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Bas Mevissen <abuse at basmevissen.nl> wrote:

>>> I am still working on build failure and integrating the i.MX8 stuff so
>>> sumo is not ready for use yet.
>>>

>> Hi Otavio,
>>
>> Could you kindly provide us with a status update on this?
>>
>> I noticed no build errors on a build with current head of meta-freescale
>> master branch with head of Poky Sumo branch:
>
> I need to fix WIC support for i.MX28 before branching it also make
> sure Qt and all works.

Agreed, i.MX28 should work and Qt should at least function (even if not
accelerated) before a sumo release can be made.

>> Is currently only the i.mx8 support holding you back? In that case, I would
>> kindly suggest creating the sumo branch right now and adding the i.mx8
>> support later on.
>>
>> It would also give the oppertunity to merge patches like
>> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2018-May/022537.html
>> to meta-freescale master to match current Poky master.
>
> i.MX8 is a huge addition and once we branch sumo it is going to be too
> risk to backport. I don't have a big problem in let it for next
> release but it is something people must to agree uppon it.

In that case, I agree that i.mx8 support should wait for the next
release. Waiting from now for considerable time to release m-f sumo
would make people start new developments on Rocko...

--
Bas.