[meta-freescale] The sumo branch of meta-freescale

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Wed May 23 11:17:32 PDT 2018

Hello Bas,

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Bas Mevissen <abuse at basmevissen.nl> wrote:
> On 2018-05-08 14:23, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:40 AM, Zhenhua Luo <zhenhua.luo at nxp.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The ‘sumo’ branch has not been created for meta-freescale layer yet, may
>>> know what’s the plan to make the YP 2.5 branch available in this Yocto
>>> layer?
>>

>> I am still working on build failure and integrating the i.MX8 stuff so
>> sumo is not ready for use yet.
>>

> Hi Otavio,
>
> Could you kindly provide us with a status update on this?
>
> I noticed no build errors on a build with current head of meta-freescale
> master branch with head of Poky Sumo branch:

I need to fix WIC support for i.MX28 before branching it also make
sure Qt and all works.

> Is currently only the i.mx8 support holding you back? In that case, I would
> kindly suggest creating the sumo branch right now and adding the i.mx8
> support later on.
>
> It would also give the oppertunity to merge patches like
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2018-May/022537.html
> to meta-freescale master to match current Poky master.

i.MX8 is a huge addition and once we branch sumo it is going to be too
risk to backport. I don't have a big problem in let it for next
release but it is something people must to agree uppon it.

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750