[meta-freescale] Problem with Vivante driver: Nothing RPROVIDES 'libgl-mesa-dev'

Doswald Michael Michael.Doswald at schiller.ch
Fri Jun 29 04:28:45 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 09:12 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Doswald Michael
><Michael.Doswald at schiller.ch> wrote:
>> I am having problems getting the proprietary vivante driver to work with my
>> Yocto image. I want to use the gles/egl framebuffer driver without X11 or
>> wayland. But when building the eglinfo-fb package I get the following error:
>>
>> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
>> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'libgl-mesa-dev' (but
>> /<cut>/meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.2.2.p0-aarch32.bb
>> RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>> NOTE: Runtime target 'libgl-mesa-dev' is unbuildable, removing...
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libgl-mesa-dev']
>> ERROR: Required build target 'eglinfo-fb' has no buildable providers.
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['eglinfo-fb', 'virtual/egl',
>> 'libgl-mesa-dev']
>>

>> I am using Yocto 2.5 (Sumo) together with the meta-freescale layer (branch
>> sumo @ git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-freescale) and my own layer. In my
>> layer, I configured my machine to use the imx kernel and the vivante package
>> as follows:
>>

>> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-imx"
>> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "imx-gpu-viv"
>>
>> The machine I am using is based on a i.MX6 DualLite processor, so I added a
>> linux-imx_4.9.11.bbappend and a imx-gpu-viv_%.bbappend file which include my
>> machine name in the COMPATIBLE_MACHINE variable.
>>

>> In the local.conf file I set the following variables:
>>

>> MACHINE_HAS_VIVANTE_KERNEL_DRIVER_SUPPORT = "1"
>>
>> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl"
>>
>> DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland directfb"
>>

>> Any hints why the libgl-mesa-dev package is needed in this case? And why is
>> it not found, as it is provided by the mesa recipes if I am not mistaken.
>
>We are still working on sumo and master, as we are adding the new BSP release.
>
>Is it possible for you to test master-next and see if it works?

Thank you for your input. I have now solved the problem without changing to master.
After creating a new build directory which does not include my own layer, I was able
to build the vivante drivers.
As it turned out, using the bbappend files to overwrite the COMPATIBLE_MACHINE
variable was the wrong way to go. I have now removed the bbappend files and added
the following line in the machine conf file within my layer:

MACHINEOVERRIDES =. "mx6:mx6dl:"

Then I cleaned and rebuilt the whole image and it worked without problems.

Regards,
Michael