[meta-freescale] IMX6 Hardware Acceleration for chromium 66.0

Meyer Michel (ERNI) Michel.Meyer at erni.ch
Sun Jun 3 22:18:59 PDT 2018

Hi Freescale

We are currently working on a project for one of our costumer, where we want to run the Chromium on the IMX6DualLite Processor. We are using the Yocto Project Version Rocko to build the image. Our target platform is IMX6DL-Colibri from Toradex. We managed to run the Chromium 66.0.X on the IMX6 Plattform. If we enable the GPU and set the flag “—use-gl=egl” we always get a LibGles2 error and we don’t think the the GPU is used for rendering. Through Googling I found there is a special patch for Chromium 52.0.X to enable GPU acceleration for IMX6. But now we are using Yocto Rocko and I can’t build a Image with Chromium 52.0.X. Is there a patch out to enable Chromium 66.0.X GPU acceleration? Or would Freescale/NXP recommend an other Browser with Rocko?

Kind regards
Michel Meyer