[meta-freescale] imx6dlsabresd + qt5 + gstreamer

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Jan 9 18:26:28 PST 2018

With sufficiently new Qt5 and GStreamer versions, this should be
relatively easy. Qt5 has dedicated i.MX6 support. Try installing
gstreamer-imx to use the VPU for video decoding. This places the video
frames into DMA buffers, which the GPU can render directly from. This
way, the rescaling is done by the GPU. As a bonus, the YUV->RGB
conversion is then also done by the GPU.