[meta-freescale] A source control for custom recipes

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Sun Dec 16 19:14:38 PST 2018

On 12/12/18 5:35 PM, John Matt wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I am wondering if people use repo tool or gitsubmodules? Currently, I
> am debating if I need to copy the YOCTO repo to my local git (we have
> an internal git), or use the YOCTO repo externally, and only manage my
> recipes in my internal git in my organization?

We set up a poky folder on each build machine and then clone all the
Yocto related repos under it (e.g., meta-openembedded, meta-raspberrypi,
etc.).

We use our own Python script to manage all our the repos that we work
with (e..g, run multiple git pull or checkout <branch> / <commit>).  It
was a pretty simple thing to write (still a work in progress).

Repo (by Google?) seemed a lot heavier than what we needed, so writing
our own script gave us the control we needed & we could understand
everything it does.

Bob