[meta-freescale] imx-vpu-hantro: broken A/V sync with VP8 playback

Carlos Rafael Giani crg7475 at mailbox.org
Thu Dec 13 06:57:45 PST 2018

Hi,

I forgot to answer this after further investigations.

It turns out that the frames that are output by the codec interface (in
case of VP8) are _only_ those who can be displayed. So, if decode()
returns CODEC_HAS_FRAME, but a subsequent getframe() call doesn't, then
the last encoded VP8 frame that was input into the codec was an
invisible frame.

It is still unclear though if this affects VP9 playback as well.