[meta-freescale] imx6q: Graphics hardware acceleration with x11 (old topic)

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:45:42 PDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I happen to return to imx6 mailing  list after a long break.
>> I vaguely recollect an old issue: on imx6q vivante graphics hardware
>> rendering (for x11 build) did not work because the vivante libraries
>> (x11 build) were not DRI2 compatible. As a result when using x11 then
>> graphics is not hardware accelerated.
>>

>> Is this issue resolved? If yes, in which yocto release is this resolved?
>>

>> Any inputs will be of great help!
>
> X11 acceleration is supported using X11 and XWayland backends.

@Otavia: Thanks so much for the information.

We get this error:
(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Is AIGLX now supported by Vivante libraries?
If yes, which yocto version will fix this issue?

Thanks & regards, Pj