[meta-freescale] sc16is7xx spi driver for kernel 3.14 or Qt 5.9 with vivante 6.2.2.p0

Kevin Chaves kmchaves at live.com
Tue Apr 3 10:25:13 PDT 2018

I’ve run into a bit of a corner trying to get a particular chip working. We are using pyro layer with Qt 5.9. The driver I’m looking for is in kernel 4.4 and beyond. I made a short attempt to backport it to 3.14 but there are some major differences with 3.14, mostly in the kthread interface that doesn’t seem to be present. Same with 4.1.

drivers/tty/serial/sc16is7xx.c:711:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘kthread_queue_work’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

  kthread_queue_work(&s->kworker, &s->irq_work);

I also attempted to update to 4.9 and what I’m getting stuck on is there is no Qt support for the latest kernel + vivante driver. If I just pull in the 6.2.2.p0 driver alone Qt fails to run with a stack trace error. If I pull in everything Qt fails to compile, even all the way to 5.11 so I’m not sure which branch I should use for the upcoming sumo release.

I’m not sure which is the easiest path forward at this point.  Currently I’m looking at attempting to backport the 4.9 driver to 4.1 since those are very similar.