[meta-freescale] [yocto] Build a Linux image for IMX8 quad

Matt Campbell mcampbell at izotope.com
Tue Apr 10 11:00:31 PDT 2018

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but since the NXP iMX8 BSP has gone general
availability recently, is there a road map for forward porting iMX8 support
to the newest fslc kernels? My company is interested in putting some
development time against this to help out as this is ultimately where we
want to go with our iMX8 support.

Also, Otavio, there is a possibility we could spare one of our two
development boards to you if that helped get you started on this port
sooner. I can't guarantee anything, but let me know if that might be
helpful.

Best,
~Matt

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 9:39 AM, Otavio Salvador <
otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> Karim,
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 4:32 AM, Karim ATIKI <karim_atiki at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > We received IMX8 Quad eval boards for prototyping purpose.
>
> Lucky you :- ) I didn't receive it yet. :-(
>
> > I've never worked on freescale IMX processors before.
> >
> > I just wonder if there are some yocto layers availables for generating
> > images for IMX8 specifically ?
>
> There is but currently the community layers don't support it yet. You
> need to use the NXP release for now.
>
> --
> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

Matthew Campbell
Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
mcampbell at izotope.com

iZotope, Inc.