[meta-freescale] ARM Cross Compile

Türker Sezgin turkersezgin7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 23:47:27 PDT 2017

Hello,
We currently try to create a working system based on YOCTO  Krogoth. The
target is a imx6 based board which is quite similar to the wandboard quad
board.

Unfortunately, we could not succeed in building a ARMHF environnenent.
Changing the toolchain with gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf didn't work either and
produced a lot of errors.
We are stucked with this problem since a long time and no solution from
internet worked...

The local.conf that we use is the following:

*MACHINE ??= 'wandboard'*
*DISTRO ?= 'poky'*
*PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"*
*EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"*
*USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"*
*DPKG_ARCH = "armhf"*
*DEFAULTTUNE="cortexa9thf-neon"*
*DEFAULTTUNE_mx6="cortexa9thf-neon"*
*TARGET_SYS = "arm-linux-gnueabihf"*
*PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"*
*BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\*
*    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \*
*    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \*
*    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \*
*    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \*
*    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \*
*    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K" *
*PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"*
*PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"*
*ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"*
*CONF_VERSION = "1"*

*BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '4'*
*PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 4'*

*#DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"*
*#20170623 TSN*
*#Chinese fonts*
*#ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION = "1"*
*GLIBC_GENERATE_LOCALES = "tr_TR.UTF-8 zh_CN.UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8"*
*IMAGE_LINGUAS ?= "zh-cn tr-tr en-us"*

*#20170817*
*IMAGE_FSTYPES="tar.bz2 ext3"*

*EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks ssh-server-openssh
package-management"*

*# 20161109 EBN*
*# Add gdbserver to debug qt application on wandboard*
*EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-debug"*

*IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gcc g++ binutils libgcc libgcc-dev libstdc++
libstdc++-dev libstdc++-staticdev \*
*autoconf automake ccache chkconfig glib-networking glibmm \*
*packagegroup-core-buildessential pkgconfig \*
*boost cmake zlib glib-2.0 packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps git \*
*evtest tslib tslib-conf tslib-tests tslib-calibrate \*
*    font-alias \*
*    maliit-framework-qt5 \*
*    pointercal \*
*    tzdata \*
*    lrzsz \*

Especially, we need to be able to used our applications developed with QT5,
and the packet manager APT-GET. When the architecture is ARMEL, we get an
error of wrong architecture when we try to install any package.

I hope that my explanations are enough to understand our problem and that
you can suggest us a solution.

Have a nice day.