[meta-freescale] [EXT] Re: EtnaViv and i.MX6Q

Keskinarkaus, Teemu teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com
Tue Nov 21 21:10:48 PST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Otavio Salvador [mailto:otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br]

> [Teemu]  As said there, the device tree was tested with NXP kernel version 4.9.11 and display worked fine. When loaded the Etnaviv image with 4.9 - kernel I had no display output. I'm not sure if kernel built-in logos should be shown with Etnaviv driver or does it need something from the user space as well? Also the /dev/fb0 wasn't there although I would assume the device tree is configured ok or do Etnaviv need some changes there? I assume that it shouldn't need.

I am using it with a custom board but now at 4.14. I suggest you using
4.14 as it has a number of fixes for etnaviv.

[Teemu] I'll take a look at the 4.14. There has been some discussion if the Yocto 2.4 is 'stable' enough, but I guess it's stable enough for testing. :)

-Teemu Keskinarkaus

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.