[meta-freescale] [EXT] Re: EtnaViv and i.MX6Q

Keskinarkaus, Teemu teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com
Tue Nov 21 04:16:52 PST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Otavio Salvador [mailto:otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br]
Sent: 21. marraskuuta 2017 13:07
To: Keskinarkaus, Teemu
Cc: meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: [meta-freescale] EtnaViv and i.MX6Q

Hello Teemu,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Keskinarkaus, Teemu <teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com> wrote:
> We have custom i.MX6Q based HW and I’ve been trying to get graphics
> working with Etnaviv driver so I could get Weston 2.0 up and running.

It won't. Etnaviv requires Weston 3.0.

[Teemu]  This wasn't documented anywhere and Yocto 2.3 builds Weston 2.0 and Etnaviv. That's how I got impression that that combo should be working.

> I’m using Yocto 2.3 and have MACHINEOVERRIDES in local.conf so kernel
> linux-fslc-4.9 is built with Etnaviv driver in it.

Please focus on 2.4 as it has newer versions of mesa and libdrm.
[Teemu] I will have to take a look of that.

> I’ve used NXP Beta-branch to test their linux 4.9.11 – kernel so I’ve
> been able to update/test device tree with 4.9-series kernel and there
> the kernel outputs picture just fine. (Of course Weston 2.0 doesn’t

You must have the display set in the device tree.

[Teemu]  As said there, the device tree was tested with NXP kernel version 4.9.11 and display worked fine. When loaded the Etnaviv image with 4.9 - kernel I had no display output. I'm not sure if kernel built-in logos should be shown with Etnaviv driver or does it need something from the user space as well? Also the /dev/fb0 wasn't there although I would assume the device tree is configured ok or do Etnaviv need some changes there? I assume that it shouldn't need.

-Teemu Keskinarkaus

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.