[meta-freescale] EtnaViv and i.MX6Q

Keskinarkaus, Teemu teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com
Mon Nov 20 22:16:17 PST 2017

Hi,

We have custom i.MX6Q based HW and I've been trying to get graphics working with Etnaviv driver so I could get Weston 2.0 up and running.

I'm using Yocto 2.3 and have MACHINEOVERRIDES in local.conf so kernel linux-fslc-4.9 is built with Etnaviv driver in it.

I've used NXP Beta-branch to test their linux 4.9.11 - kernel so I've been able to update/test device tree with 4.9-series kernel and there the kernel outputs picture just fine. (Of course Weston 2.0 doesn't work with it, but that was expected. Linux outputs the logos at startup so that way I knew display was configured ok).

If I then build Etnaviv - version the system starts okay and it seems Etnaviv driver is also loaded without any errors. Problem is that no picture is displayed on screen. It stays completely white ie. screen has no output at all.

I tried to look up, but I wasn't sure/couldn't find that is there something else needed or should Yocto 2.3 Etnaviv - driver be working and I just have some wrong configuration (where?) or does Etnaviv driver need some patches still that are not part of the Yocto 2.3?

With Etnaviv - driver also /dev/fb0 is missing.

I did find meta-etnaviv - layer, but it hasn't been updated in a year and didn't seem to have anything Wayland related so I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

-Teemu Keskinarkaus

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.