[meta-freescale] equivalent for MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 in fsl-community-bsp

Klaus Anderson klaus.anderson at vincit.com
Thu Nov 2 06:21:52 PDT 2017

hello,

I'm fairly new to FSL yocto things, so bare with me if I'm asking silly
things.

I am using iMX6 SCM development kit and have so far been using instructions
from https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333955,
using MACHINE=imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3. This works fine, but is based on
morty, so some of the sw is a bit old.

Now I would like to get a more recent yocto release (preferably rocko)
working with this hw, but I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Just trying
to build a minimal image using master from fsl-community-bsp complains
that  imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev3 is not supported. Which machine should I pick
instead? Or do I need meta-nxp-imx-scm layer added (
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-nxp-imx-scm.git/) and go
from there? Or do I need to create my own machine configuration before
continuing?

Ideally I would also want to use a more recent kernel, but can't find any
with mention for scm, so should I assume none is available? Or do the
normal imx kernels work with scm devices as well?

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
klaus