[meta-freescale] FSL Community BSP bblayer.conf invalid for 'bitbake-layers layerindex-fetch'

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Mon May 8 14:16:43 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 7:34 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a really nice tool but I find that the layout of the FSL
>> Community BSP doesn't work properly with it because of where
>> meta-oenemebedded gets placed. For this to work layers need to be
>> placed in BBLAYERS_FETCH_DIR which is set to COREBASE (sources/poky)
>> otherwise meta-openembedded gets duplicated.
>
> The layerindex-fetch tool makes assumptions that turn out to not be
> true if you start off (as you did) by using the fsl community repo.
> Two assumptions have, simply, collided :-)

Trevor,

Right - I realize this is an issue or invalid assumption about the fsl
community repo. I'm thinking that repo should be perhaps reworked to
move its layers within the poky dir to avoid this and allow using
'bitbake-layers layerindex-fetch' as its such a useful tool.

> You can override the definition of BBLAYERS_FETCH_DIR in your
> conf/local.conf (using an '='). If you set it to the full base
> location of where the fsl community repo has put your layers,
> layerindex-fetch should then work as expected?

Setting BBLAYERS_FETCH_DIR to my sources dir still ends up with
duplicates after a 'bitbake-layers layerindex-fetch meta-networking'
yet now there are no duplicate repos (just duplicate dirs in BBLAYERS)

BBLAYERS = " \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta-poky \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-freescale \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-freescale-3rdparty \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-freescale-distro \
  /tmp/yocto/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
^^^^ this one shouldn't be here and creates 'Duplicate inclusion'
warnings if it is
  /tmp/yocto/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-python \
  /tmp/yocto/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \
  "

Perhaps bitbake-layers could be made smarter about avoiding duplicate
dirs in this case.

Regards,

Tim