[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm] Memory leak in graphic application (dora)

Vincent DEHORS vincent.dehors at smile.fr
Mon May 1 03:00:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am not using the Intel driver but the Vivante one packaged
by these recipes :

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/tree/dora/recipes-graphics
[2]

Do you think I can use another version of gpu-viv-bin-mx6q and
xf86-video-imxfb keeping my 3.0.35 kernel ?

Regards,

Vincent

Le
2017-04-28 11:52, Chris Tapp a écrit :

> Hi Vincent,
>
> I saw
something similar to this a while back with Fido when using the Intel
video driver (Thread ""Crazy" Xorg memory usage after upgrading from
Daisy to Fido").

> My app would often get killed due to lack of
memory, but it sometimes ran long enough that a load of memory was
released back to the pool and the app would then run as long as I left
it running.

> My fix was:
>
> The undesirable memory usage within
Xorg isn't there if I create an xorg.conf file containing:

> Section
"Device"
> Identifier "Intel Video"
> Driver "intel"
> Option "TearFree"
"true"
> EndSection
>
> So it looks as if I need to enable "TearFree".
I didn't need to add this for the 2.99.910 version of xf86-video-intel
included with 'daisy'.

> This probably won't work for you, but it
may be worth a try.

DEHORS <vincent.dehors at smile.fr> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I use a dora
branch (as constructor only provides a 3.0.35 kernel) and when I launch
any graphical application using libGLES2 (with X11), the memory increase
continuously until there is no memory left (and oom-killer kill the
app).

>> I can see the leak with a minimalist Qt5/qml application
with an animation or with a Gstreamer pipeline using eglvivsink.

Is there any known issue with graphic application in old BSP for i.MX6 ?

>> If the leak is located in the proprietary libGL, is there a way
to use a more recent one without upgrading the kernel version ?

Regards,

>> Vincent
>> --

Chris Tapp
> opensource at keylevel.com
> www.keylevel.com [1]
>
> ----

> You can tell you're getting older when your car insurance gets real
cheap!

Links:
------
[1] http://www.keylevel.com