[meta-freescale] Qt 5.8 fails to patch/compile

Johannes Pointner h4nn35.work at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 03:53:17 PDT 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to use Qt 5.8 for a imx6 device but this fails during
do_patch of qtbase.
0014-Add-IMX-GPU-support.patch isn't applying anymore.
I was able to fix this easily but then do_compile fails. It fails
during compiling qeglstreamconvenience with eglvivante.h:266:2: error:
#error "Platform not recognized"

But in the eglconvenience.pro is CONFIG += egl included.
If I add
IMX6_CFLAGS             = -DLINUX=1 -DEGL_API_FB=1
QMAKE_CFLAGS           += $$IMX6_CFLAGS
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS         += $$IMX6_CFLAGS
to the qmake.conf I works, but this was removed with the patch
"qtbase: Use compiler settings provided by IMX-GPU driver pkg-config".

First one is clear we need an update for the 0014-A... patch but the
second one is not clear for me.

Thx,
Hannes