[meta-freescale] WiFi / BT on Pico-i.MX6UL not working

Koenraad Verheyden koenraad.verheyden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 03:23:44 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm building an image for the Pico-i.MX6UL (imx6ul-pico-hobbit). The WiFi /
BT chip is not recognized.
Should I enable this manually? It's my first time working with Yocto, so
perhaps I am missing something trivial here.

I'm building core-image-base with distro Poky.

I tried both the linux-fslc as the linux-imx kernel.

The linux-fslc kernelbuilds if I add
MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS_remove = "imx-alsa-plugins".
This image works, but without wireless functionality.

If I switch to the linux-imx kernel, it fails while building the kernel:
make[3]: *** No rule to make target
'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-pico-hobbit.dtb'.  Stop.
arch/arm/Makefile:322: recipe for target 'imx6ul-pico-hobbit.dtb' failed

All the best,
Koenraad Verheyden