[meta-freescale] morty build fails firmware_imx fetcher

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:09:51 PDT 2017

Hi Andrew

Am Freitag, den 24.03.2017, 21:22 +0000 schrieb Eckhardt, Andrew           UTAS:
> Hi all,
>
> Because our proxy server requires http format. I have changed SRC_URI in meta-freescale/recipes
> -bsp/firmware-imx/firmware-imx.inc
>
> From:
>            git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git "

> http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git
>  "
>
> Now bitbake actually gets an html file which start like this...

The leading git:// specifies that you want to download a git repository. If you want to use http in
place of the native git protocol you specify that in a protocol=<protocol> parameter.
So you would change to:

git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git;protocol=http "

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#git-fetcher

Max