[meta-freescale] About loading drivers of camera_ov5640_mipi and to test it in warp7

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 06:12:08 PDT 2017

Hi Pierre-jean,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM, TEXIER Pierre-Jean
<texier.pj2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Daiane, you are right, currently the camera not working with the
> linux-warp7 Kernel.
>
> But it seems operational with the Android Kernel
> (https://github.com/WaRP7/linux-fslc/commit/525f946c85625f4ef97b737c3e9651dcd0cba213)
>
> I will try to work on the linux-warp7 support.

My memory is not exactly accurate in this point. But what I have here is:

ov2680 is supported, but the output is in bayer format, which is not
directly supported my imx7S (here I don't remember the reason
specifically). So the most we could get was one frame picture with raw
data (so, some additional processing was needed to render it to the PC
screen)

I personally was not able to test it, because I had no time and
because I have never really gathered all the pieces needed.

If you happens to get this working, please let me/us know. It would be terrific.

Thanks a lot,
Daiane