[meta-freescale] Fw: [yocto] dynamic-layers?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Wed Jun 28 23:22:00 PDT 2017

Not really circular dependency, but my actual case looked like below.

meta-freescale wants to detect meta-qt5 and meta-openembedded.
I have an image that has a layer meta-A who wants to detect bsp type (here, freescale-layer or meta-freescale) also looking into BB_COLLECTIONS.

In this case maybe I need to list the layers as follows.

meta-qt5
meta-openembedded
meta-freescale
meta-B
meta-A

But at the same time, I have configuration for other boards which may look like below.
I want to have the layers (bblayers.conf definition) look similar among the build flavors.
(and it will also reduce the risk of changing something for various builds)
But in this situation I just cannnot replace meta-board-X with meta-freescale.

meta-board-X
--- (common begin)
meta-qt5
meta-openembedded