[meta-freescale] How to apply Preempt-rt patch for i.mx6ul board in yocto

Hiro Sato sato.hirotoshi.toa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 23:20:05 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I would like to apply PREEMPT-RT patch for i.mx6ul board in yocto.

However I was not able to do it, so I would like you to tell me the way.

Right now I use yocto 2.0 (Jethro).

I found linux-yocto-rt_4.1.bb file in
sources/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux.

After bitbake I checked $ uname -a, but it did not say PREEMPT RT.

I think I would be able to make preempt rt kernel image if I could
correctly apply linux-yocto-rt_4.1.bb.

How can I apply the recipe ? Or if there are other way to make preempt rt
kernel image, would you tell me the way please?

And I found a readme file which says "In order to build the image with the
linux-yocto-rt kernel, be sure to include the following line in your
local.conf, bblayers.conf, or your $MACHINE.conf.

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-yocto-rt" " in
sources/poky/meta/recipes-rt.

So I added the line in my bblayers.conf and local.conf, but I could not
make rt image.

In the readme file, it also says about core-image-minimal. It means that we
can use linux-yocto-rt only in core-image-minimal image? I would like to
use other image.

Furthermore, I found linux-fslc-mx6-rt_3.14-1.0.x.bb in
sources/meta-fsl-arm/receipes-kernel/linux.

Does it have relation?

Thank you for reading.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,