[meta-freescale] u-boot-fslc: migration from morty to pyro with a signed image using CST

Romain Bazile romain.bazile at ubiant.com
Wed Jun 14 09:45:13 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating from Morty to Pyro and I'm having some
troubles with u-boot-fslc.

In Morty, we were using u-boot-fslc_2016.11, in Pyro, we are migrating
to u-boot-fslc_2017.03. Our processor is an i.MX6ul.

We have in our bbappend a custom task, `sign_uboot`. This task uses the
IMX Code Signing Tool distributed by NXP to sign `u-boot.img` .

During the migration, I had a compilation problem. Basically, the build
system would complain that authenticate_image was an undefined
reference. When having a look at u-boot code, it seemed normal since it
was not built in the absence of `CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT`.
I added a patchfile changing this in `mx6ul_14x14_defconfig`, but now, a
different problem appears.

Basically, the do_compile task is failing when it tries to copy
`u-boot.img` (as defined in my bbappend `UBOOT_BINARY`). This is
"normal", since this file is not in the filesystem, and likely not
built. However, I do have a `u-boot-ivt.img` (but this file is supposed
to be created at a later stage by the task `sign_uboot`).

Also, just before, a couple of errors appears, where a script complains
about `bc` and `comm` not being found, except they are installed in the
build machine. This may not be related and not have consequences, I
believe this could be linked to the per-recipe sysroot.

Sorry for the long post, I can also share the details if needed (the
task `sign_uboot` and the scripts used to sign).

My questions are as follows:
Do I still need to use this custom script if I use `CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT`?
How can I insure that u-boot-fslc will be correctly built?

Thanks for the help,

Sincerely,
--
Romain Bazile