[meta-freescale] How to use mfgtool 2 to boot iMX7dsabresd from NAND

Bejar-Colonia, Carlos carlos.bejar-colonia at philips.com
Thu Jul 6 12:14:59 PDT 2017

Dear NXP,

I have an iMX7dsabresd board and would like to boot it from NAND using MfgTool V2.
I have tried to use mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs script provided in MfgTool V2, but failed.
I replaced the "sabreauto" with "sabresd" in the same script and I also rebuild Mfg Tools firmware (fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git) and updated fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx7dsabresd.cpio.gz.u-boot in the MfgTool. But still fails

These are the last lines from the console output:

UTP: received command '$ mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug'
UTP: executing "mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug"
UTP: sending Success to kernel for command $ mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug.
utp_poll: pass returned.
UTP: received command '$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0'
UTP: executing "flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0"
flash_erase: error!: /dev/mtd0
             error 2 (No such file or directory)
UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0.
utp_poll: exit with status 65280

Is mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs the right file to flash NAND for iMX7dsabresd board or I need to create my own script?
I checked the iMX Yocto Project Guide, iMX Linux User Guide, MfgTool2 documentation, but was not able to figure out. Could you provide the steps to flash NAND?

Best Regards,
Carlos