[meta-freescale] i.MX6 Sabre Smart Devices board and GPS (AH-1613)

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:34:37 PST 2017

Hi.

Maybe I am out of place with this question but will try anyway.

I recent got my hands on a imx6dlsabresd board and it has worked great
with the community BSP.

One thing I would like to is to enable the GPS on my board. I have
realized that this involves some work which I mostly found on forums
what people have tried to do (enable power and reset, and configure
ttymx2).

My question:

Is it expected for the GPS to function on Linux?

Has anybody done that?

This thread [1] mentions that it requires some firmware only found in
Android BSP and I am a bit alarmed by the fact that there is so little
mentions of GPS in the official Linux BSP documentation.

Hopefully someone in the community has some hints on what can be
expected on this board and GPS.

[1]. https://community.nxp.com/thread/356465

Best Regards
Mirza