[meta-freescale] i.MX GPU Vivante kernel module question

Stephano Cetola stephano.cetola at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 21 14:47:33 PST 2017

I'm working on getting video recipes cleaned up in my custom layer and
I'm realizing that I've been pulling the imx-gpu-viv_6.2.2 from the
meta-fsl-bsp-release layer. When I remove that layer and pull
imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11 from meta-freescale, it does not build with that 4.9
kernel (no big surprise).

So, should I be keeping the meta-fsl-bsp-release layer or should I  pull
in that recipe for 6.2.2?

The goal here is a clean understandable layer structure.

Cheers,
Stephano