[meta-freescale] Morty, Pyro, or Rocko?

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Sun Dec 10 17:07:41 PST 2017

Hello Tim,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Scott Timothy E
<ScottTimothy at johndeere.com> wrote:
> Any word on when Rocko will be considered a “stable” release?  Looking at
> the e-mail archives for October, I see indications that Pyro (2.3) is the
> current stable version (even though Morty is the default branch that pops up
> for https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform.)  I’ll be
> getting a iMX6DL-based SABRE board in the next month or so and am wondering
> what release I should be targeting for my baseline: Morty, Pyro, or Rocko?

We are getting close of announcing Rocko as we are still working on
some build failures and dealing with last GA release merge, however,
for any new product it makes sense to use rocko for several reasons:

 - newer user space
 - a lot of nice features and bug fixes
 - great tooling (newer Go toolchain integration and SDK, for example)
 - Qt 5.9 (which is LTS)

and more.