[meta-freescale] linux-fslc 4.9.x and gpmi-nand driver support

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 05:00:17 PDT 2017

On 07/04/17, Jonathan Poulin wrote:
> Hello Olivier,
>
> I had a similar problem. Look at
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-April/020344.html
>
> This was cause by a mismatch between the ECC strength used by the write of
> the partition and the one used by the reader. Try the solution that I link
> in the answer of my post.

thx for this hint. Unfortunately the patch didn't work for me. What does
your gpmi device node look like?

I write my NAND with mfgtool which runs 4.1.15_1.0.0 kernel during the
flash operation itself.

But on first boot it starts 4.9.18-fslc and on reading I got these ECC
errors. So it's quite possible that the ECC strength is different
between both kernel versions.

Furthermore the gpmi-nand driver has major changes between both kernel
versions.

Best Regards,

Oliver