[meta-freescale] meta-fsl-ppc in krogoth branch is using a vulnerable version of OpenSSL (openssl_1.0.1i).

Sona Sarmadi sona.sarmadi at enea.com
Wed Sep 28 03:49:48 PDT 2016

Zhenhua,

I just wonder what is the reason for using another version of OpenSSl in meta-fsl-ppc krogoth branch? I guess it is because of these patches, right? Shouldn't these be upstreamed to the OpenSSL project?

meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl-fsl/

0001-remove-double-initialization-of-cryptodev-engine.patch

0002-eng_cryptodev-add-support-for-TLS-algorithms-offload.patch

0003-cryptodev-fix-algorithm-registration.patch

0004-linux-pcc-make-it-more-robust-and-recognize-KERNEL_B.patch

How comes that OpenSSL version in meta-fsl-ppc is not the same as in poky/meta krogoth? Is there any specific reason for this? Meta-fsl-ppc in master is using OpenSSL 1.0.2 the same OpenSSL version in poky/meta/krogoth.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/recipes-connectivity

Can we upgrade OpenSSL version in meta-fsl-ppc (krogoth) to 1.0.2h? Or are this related to the kernel version which is 3.12 in meta-fsl-ppc, krogoth and 4.1 in meta-fsl-ppc master?

Best regards

/Sona
P.S. sorry, too many questions ;)