[meta-freescale] kernel hangs u-boot 2016.03->07

Markus Haege haemarkus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 05:38:13 PDT 2016

Hello there,

migrating and imx6 on a custom board troubles me. No kernel log appears
when i switch from u-boot 2016.03 to 2016.07 in yocto krogoth. I googled
and found two reasons: wrong serial port, which i can exclude, because new
kernel runs with u-boot 2016.03 and MACH_TYPE which we set to 0xffffffff .
This was always fine.
I tried kernel from krogoth in spring(u-boot 03) with new u-boot (augus
/07) and face the same problem.
It hangs at:

reading zImage
6240352 bytes read in 318 ms (18.7 MiB/s)
Booting from mmc ...
reading imx6dl-board.dtb
29784 bytes read in 28 ms (1 MiB/s)
Kernel image @ 0x12000000 [ 0x000000 - 0x5f3860 ]

Starting kernel ...

I kept the /board/ files, had to change some things in
/include/configs/board.h. I added these three lines to avoid errors:

+#undef CONFIG_CMD_IMLS
+#define CONFIG_HUSH_PARSER
+#define CONFIG_CMD_BOOTZ

and changed load to fatload, because u-boot didn't find the command.
Originally we copied from udoo.

while driving home, i got the idea to define CMD_LOAD, but can check it
just on monday

Help is appreciated

Markus