[meta-freescale] ANN: New layout for FSL Community BSP and BSP layers

Lauren Post lauren.post at nxp.com
Fri Oct 28 05:36:51 PDT 2016

The delay on renaming was because of legal transitions to NXP happening through 2016. The announcement does change things of which we'll consider at a later time.   The legal transition is why we've continued to use Freescale in all our copyrights in 2016.

We've worked together on this transition for over a year and for i.MX the use of distros is something we've pushed for almost as long.  This is a good thing and hopefully will include other product lines in the future.   Thank you Otavio for all your hard work on making this happen.

We still have a great deal of work to in progress do going forward providing our 2017 releases based on morty release.

Lauren