[meta-freescale] ANN: New layout for FSL Community BSP and BSP layers

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:12:05 PDT 2016

Hi

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think this is a good opportunity to rename the project as well.
>>> Instead of using FSL Community BSP we could use FSL Community PDK.
>>
>> Speaking in renaming: why don't we use NXP instead of FSL?

In OE/Yocto a distro layer is some thing special. So using distro in a
layer name which is not a distro layer is sort of confusing.

If there is another rename ahead, I would propose to also consider to
not use '-distro' in meta-freescale-distro. I don't know what was the
rationale to no longer user the '-demo', if one does not want to use
demo one could use e.g.
...-sw or ...-user.

Regards
Max