[meta-freescale] ANN: New layout for FSL Community BSP and BSP layers

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Wed Oct 26 03:00:20 PDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Maciej Borzęcki
<maciej.borzecki at rndity.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> We are now focusing in verifying as much the build results as possible
>> from the new FSL Community BSP and to update the documentation to
>> reflect those changes. All possible help is welcome.
>
> Do we know what's the status of other vendors who ship i.MX based
> systems but were not part of meta-fsl-arm-extra, Gateworks for
> example?

As we explained in the e-mail, meta-fsl-arm-extra has been renamed to
meta-freescale-3rdparty. It makes clear that 3rdparty boards are
supported on this layer and also removes the ARM from name as PowerPC
and other NXP SoC’s based board are welcome to be included there as
well.

So everything which was in meta-fsl-arm-extra is now on
meta-freescale-3rdparty. Gateworks /is/ included[1].

1. https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale-3rdparty/blob/master/conf/machine/ventana.conf