[meta-freescale] imx6 vivante improper rendering

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:31:31 PST 2016

Hi,

I was out of imx6 for a while but now I am building images based on
current sources with meta-freescale and meta-freescale-3rdparty.

I know the errors are not new. I've seen them already on images built
at the end of 2015 and think the bugs are caused by closed source
vivante driver since I don't see them on RaspberryPi VC4/Mesa images.

1. In QML applications I see an improper rendering in the area of the
mouse. Simple test case: Open the combobox to select a session in
'sddm' (see meta-qt5-extra) and move the mouse to select between
different sessions.
2. Running 'kbounce' in plasma-session rendering causes tears for the
moving balls (see meta-qt5-extra for 'kbounce' and plasma).

As vivante is closed blob: Is there a chance this will be fixed in
future releases?

Andreas