[meta-freescale] iMX6UL EVK and Qt QML - Am I missing something?

Cjb_SW Freescale cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:03:41 PDT 2016

Dear All,
I've just build an image "fsl-image-multimedia-full" for the imx6ulevk
platform, including Qt5, and based on Krogoth branch.
Everything work fine, the board boot and kernel is loaded without problems,
I can see the terminal on the screen.

Now, I try to launch qt5 demos (cinematicexperience) but it does not start,
and after a little investigations I discovered that qt5 QML is not
supported on this platform, due to the fact that the cpu does not have a
GPU.

Since in our applications we use QML, and if it is not possible to have it
in Qt5, I can even use the old Qt4.8, with raster engine, but I see that it
is not available in openembedded, anymore..

Any suggestion?
Thank you
Regards
Simone