[meta-freescale] Qt 5.5/5.6 build on YOCTO for iMX6 SABRE SD

Daniel Oliveira drawnpoetry at gmail.com
Tue May 3 07:01:58 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

After digging so much to try to find a guide (stable and updated) in how to
build the Qt version on YOCTO for iMX6 SABRE SD, I decided to send an email
for you guys, since I have already tried so many guides and tips that
perhaps I feel myself just walking in circles.

Since I can't build properly Qt 5.5 or 5.6 (w/ QtMultimedia support!) on
yocto (jethro branch or any other), I was wondering if you will be able to
help somehow. Sorry for the "aggressive" approach but I think after weeks
of searching and searching, the despair took over me :)
I just a list of steps, mainly focusing which kind of changes I need to do
local.conf and bblayers.conf, since it is the main thing that I see
changing from thread to thread.

Best regards,
Daniel.