[meta-freescale] Imx6 alsa i2s audio output

nick83ola nick83ola at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:19:38 PDT 2016

Hi
I have a SODIMM module with a I.MX6 Solo processor and I need to get an
audio in/out to an external dsp via I2S interface

The external DSP communicate with the IMX6 via serial interface

I need for now a dummy i2s output from alsa, without codec

The dts file for this module is setup to have a SGTL5000 codec attached to
the same pin that
I'm using (is the codec present on the evaluation board)

The problem is that this codec have a lot of internal devices (internal
supply, i2c, lot of audio) but I need a simple i2S out/in driver

Can Anyone point me/provide an example how to set an i2s output from IMX6
without i2c control
interface???

There's a driver in alsa for it ?

is possible to load the two driver and if sgtl5000 is not present load the
"dummy" i2s driver??
Kernel