[meta-freescale] Freescale meta-freescale announcement of new layer

Robert E. Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Thu Mar 10 19:57:53 PST 2016

On 03/10/2016 11:27 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Robert E. Cochran
> <yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
>> Thank you for the reply.   Where will the meta-freescale layer / repo be
>> located?  I would like to see one created on yoctoproject.org with a master
>> branch.   Currently the meta-freescale layer on freescale.com doesn't have a
>> master branch.
>>
>> I ask that either you or someone else inside NXP sends out an announcement
>> when this switch officially takes place.
> For now, it is available on Github with a master branch. Patches for
> it are handled using meta-freescale as usual.

Thank you for the reply Otavio.  I had been using the GitHub
meta-freescale, but I think it has fallen behind.

As an example, meta-fsl-ppc has commit 2e9b383ccaf4 that patches
qoriq_build_64bit_kernel.bbclass and u-boot-qoriq_2015.01.bb. However,
neither this commit nor the patched-up files can be found in Github's
meta-freescale.   Therefore, I went back to using meta-fsl-ppc for
building Power QorIQ images.

Please let me know if you'll be updating meta-freescale to bring it up
to date for ppc QorIQ, or let me know if I'm mistaken about this.

Thanks again,

Bob