[meta-freescale] BSP release 2.0 - Wandboard-Dual - imx6_duallite

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:03:39 PST 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Marcin <marcin.k at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hopefully a quick question.
>
> I noticed that release 2.0 does not differentiate between wandboard-dual and wandboard-quad. There is only one MACHINE=wandboard which per release notes supports all wandboard flavors. I'm bit surprised because imx6-quad and imx6-duallite have slightly different register addresses. Maybe this is solved in some other way, but older releases had separate MACHINE settings for each imx6 flavor for wandboard.

Recent U-boot versions can support mx6dl and mx6q in a single binary.
This is achieved via SPL mechanism.

The SoC type is detected in runtime and the configurations of DDR,
IOMUX, etc is done accordingly.

U-boot also loads the correct dtb binary on the fly.

This means that a single .sdcard image can run on Wandboard dl, solo and quad.

Nice feature, isn't it? ;-)