[meta-freescale] One rpm for all kernel modules

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:35:11 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2016-07-14 16:25, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm building my custom layer for imx6 boards. When the kernel is
>>> built, a lot of rpms are generated: kernel image rpm + kernel module
>>> rpms.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have only 1 rpm for kernel modules (instead of
>>> having an rpm for each module)?
>>

>> Check the kernel-modules-split class :-)
>>

> What about just kernel-modules?  That will include all kernel modules
> that are built with the kernel recipe, but not any modules that
> are added on later.

@Otavio: I looked through kernel-modules-split class.

I added PACKAGESPLITFUNC_remove = " split_kernel_module_packages " to
my kernel bbappend recipe. It did not seem to work. (May be I did some
mistake is my recipe)

Is it the correct way to prevent multiple rpms or did you have
something else in mind?

Regards, Pj