[meta-freescale] Gigabet ethernet problem

Vincent Chou vincentchou at radiantstar.com.tw
Sat Jul 2 21:00:58 PDT 2016

Hi!

We have a custom designed board based on i.mx6q sabresd board.  The
Ethernet PHY is changed from AR8031 to AR8035.  When we start to bring up
the board based on Linux 3.0.35 and 3.0.101, the ethernet could run at
1Gb/Full and get dynamic IP instantly from our Wifi AP.  However, when we
migrate to 3.14.28, we discovered the Gigbabit could not work anymore.
Unless we switch it back to 100M/Full using ethtool, it does not get any
dynamic from the dhcp host.  In addition, we notices that the Orange light
on the does not flash at all.  We also migrate the board to 4.1.15 but the
same outcome occurrs.  On the other hand, the same kernel could run on the
Sabresd EVB without this problem.

the console output is as following

============

Configuring network interfaces... fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Freescale FEC
PHY driver [Atheros 8035 ethernet] (mii_bus:phy_addr=2188000.ethernet:00,
irq=-1)

udhcpc (v1.23.2) started

Sending discover...

Sending discover...

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

Sending discover...

No lease, forking to background

done.

Starting syslogd/klogd: done