[meta-freescale] adjust image partitions for imx6ulevk

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 02:36:29 PST 2016

On 28/01/16, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Oliver Graute <oliver.graute at gmail.com> wrote:
> > whats is the right way to adjust the flash partitions for my imx6ulevk?
> >
> > I need a bootstream partition, two rootfs partitions with 125 MB each
> > and a data partitions with 730 MB.
> >
> > during some code investigation I found image_types_fsl.bbclass where
> > some partitioning seems to happen. Is this the point to start?
>
> For this kind of use-case the wic is better.

ok thanks for the hint. I read the wic part in the dev-manual of yocto

 https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.5.2/dev-manual/dev-manual.html

after that I tried to write my own imx-test.wks for wic.

# short-description: Create SD card image with a boot partition and two rootfs
# long-description:
# Create an image that can be written onto a SD card using dd for use
# with i.MX SoC family
# It uses u-boot
#
# The disk layout used is:
#  - --------- --------- ------------ ------------ -----------
# | | u-boot  |  /boot  |  rootfs 1  |  rootfs 2  |   data   |
#  - --------- --------- ------------ ------------ -----------
# ^ ^         ^         ^              ^
# | |         |         |              |
# 0 1kiB    4MiB   4MiB + 8MiB    4MiB + 8Mib + rootfs 1 + rootfs 2 + data  IMAGE_EXTRA_SPACE (default 10MiB)
#
part u-boot --source rawcopy --sourceparams="file=u-boot.img" --ondisk mmcblk --no-table --align 1
part /boot --source bootimg-partition --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=vfat --label boot --active --align 4096 --size 8M --extra-space 0
part / --source rootfs --rootfs-dir=rootfs1 --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=ext4 --label platform --align 4096
part /rescue --source rootfs --rootfs-dir=rootfs2 --ondisk mmcblk --fstype=ext4 --label secondary --align 4096

I also added to my build-imx6ulevk/conf/local.conf

IMAGE_BOOT_FILES = "u-boot.img zImage:kernel"

then I execute:

wic create imx-test.wks -e fsl-image

and get the follwing output:

Done.
Creating image(s)...

Couldn't get 'bitbake -e rootfs1' output.
Bitbake failed with error:
Loaded 2378 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'rootfs1'

Couldn't get 'bitbake -e rootfs1' output.
Bitbake failed with error:
Loaded 2378 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'rootfs1'

Where do I need to provide rootfs1 and rootfs2. Can you comment my first try :)

best regards,

Oliver